Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Bill Berkson poetry reading




Poet/author/art critic Bill Berkson will give a poetry reading on Monday, October 19, 4 PM at Gulf of of Maine Books. He will be in Maine reading from his new collection:Portrait and Dream - new and selected poems (Coffee House Press), appearing at Bates, Colby and UMO.Other Bill Berkson titles in stock here include: Hymns of St. Bridget & other writings - a collaborative poetry collection by Bill Berkson and Frank O'Hara, with a cover by Alex Katz,What's your idea of a good time? = a book of interviews questions and answers between Bill Berkson and Bernadette Mayer,The Sweet Singer of Modernism and other art writings 1985-2003, and Sudden Address - selected lectures 1981-2006 (with a philip guston cover) which includes a lecture given at the Skowhegan School of Art and Sculpture. Here is a poem by Bill Berkson from that talk:

A Lady At Her Writing Table

I chose love and friendship over
work, then
work and friendship over
suspended disbelief
- won't love conquer all?
I'll never work again.
Don't call me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Village Books said...

Bill was my most important mentor during my time at the SF Art Institute back in the day. I'm so excited that he's in Maine & that I'll get to see him again!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Erickson said...

I will always advice, that when you want to trade, you should seek the assistance of a well trained personnel. I've been trading with Richard Smith and it would be selfish of me, if i don't recommend them. With their well guarded signals and forever active(master class) strategies i have been able to make over 11,200usd weekly, he offers services to both experience and inexperience trader and also make recovery of lost funds So feel free reach out to him on email: richardsmith2488@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +1 225-277-1646

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home