Tuesday, November 11, 2008

allen ginsberg/gary snyder


We have received copies of the new "Selected Letters of Allen Ginsberg and Gary Snyder", and here is a quote from a letter written by Allen Ginsberg.It is 1975 and Allen is teaching at Naropa: Merwin, Anne (Waldman), Gregory (Corso) and I each read Shelley's Ode to the West Wind our own interpretations in one class - three or four older poets listening in each class. I started with "Seafarer" and read thru Shelley and Marvell and Smart when I discovered half my class never read but Snyder and Kerouac and Howl in high school and college, half the class had never read West Wind so i went back in time and taught weird selected survey course "Scepter and Crown must tumble down" etc.Winding uo tonight with William Carlos Williams and Kerouac end session - my father taught Keats my last class."
Allen Ginsberg to Gary Snyder July 11, 1975

1 Comments:

Blogger Erickson said...

I will always advice, that when you want to trade, you should seek the assistance of a well trained personnel. I've been trading with Richard Smith and it would be selfish of me, if i don't recommend them. With their well guarded signals and forever active(master class) strategies i have been able to make over 11,200usd weekly, he offers services to both experience and inexperience trader and also make recovery of lost funds So feel free reach out to him on email: richardsmith2488@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +1 225-277-1646

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home