Monday, February 20, 2006

anniversary poetry reading

on feb 25, 2006, gulf of maine books marks our 27th anniversary with a birthday party poetry reading.
the readers will be:
Karin Spitfire reading from her new collection "Standing With Trees"
Nancy Henry and Alice Persons, editors of Moonpie Press. Nancy's chapbooks include "Eros Ion" and "Europe on $5 a Day". Alice's chapbooks include "Never Say Never" and :Be Careful What You Wish For". Steve Luttrell, editor of The Cafe Review, will be reading from a new collection of poems. His books include "Conditions", "The Green Man", "This n That", and "Pemaquid and other poems".

You can reach:
Karin Spitfire kspit@midcoast.com
Cafe Review at www.thecafereview.com
and moonpie press at www.moonpiepress.com

1 Comments:

Blogger jenifer said...

dear Gary & Beth,

Happy anniversary! altho distance keeps me from attending this glorious event I am celebrating you & your contributions to the greater good. From Bolinas to Brunswick to Berwick we love the Gulf of Maine! Here are Roque Dalton's words that want to be said on this occasion:

Like you
I love love
Life
The sweet smell of things
The sky blue landscape of a February day.
And so my blood boils up
And I laugh thru eyes that have known the buds of tears.

I believe the world is beautiful
And that poetry, like bread,
Is fo reveryone.
And that my veins don't end in me
But in the unanimous blood of those who struggle
For love, life,
Little things,
Landscape and bread,
The poetry of everyone.

w/ love,
jenifer van deusen

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home